It feels stupid to write this, but at the same time it feels important that this should be written. A lot of people know that Niswey has three co-founders, but in 2018 I realised, most people still don’t. I have been thinking to write about this, ever since my HubSpot CAM (channel account manager) asked this in October, today, I felt it just has to be written, because even my 3rd founder’s closest friends don’t know.
To set things right, here goes: Niswey’s third co-founder is Dhiraj Pandey.
So first things first, there are three directors (legal term for co-founders in India) at Niswey. There’s Suma, who leads the content practice; there’s Dhiraj, who leads the tech practice and there’s me, who does some bits of marketing. Let me share a bit of history to make things clear. Suma started her content solutions company, Knowiz, in 2005. I started the digital marketing company, Niswey, in 2011. In 2013 we merged our companies. In June 2015, we started building our own marketing product, Irayo. That’s how Dhiraj came on board. He joined in as a director in the company right from Day One. I am stressing on that because I figured even within our 15 people team, some new people don’t know this.
This post is mostly to let people know that Dhiraj is a co-founder at Niswey. While he came on board to build our product, he’s also been instrumental in driving a major part of our revenue, especially in 2018. The solutions that we built for Irayo, eventually led us to solve and build a lot of other things in the process. This has led us to provide tech solutions for our customers – mostly around building custom marketing and sales automations.
So when in October our CAM got introduced to him, and said she didn’t know Niswey had another co-founder, Dhiraj aptly replied, “I just work behind the scenes”. While he’s right in what he said, as a marketing person, I see it as a big failure at my end. I mean how could we have the skills and not let people know about it? That too as a services company? So with this post, I am hoping I can redeem myself 🙂
- Because of our tech prowess, we now have
- A marketing product – primarily meant for non marketers.
- Been implementing NLP (natural language processing) techniques in SEO
- Automated our sales pipeline engine, generating hundreds of leads each week
- Built complex solutions around HubSpot API (like a Whatsapp HubSpot integration)
- Migrated websites from complex CMS systems to HubSpot
- A company wherein 80% people can implement code (60% of that, with no degree or prior experience in coding)
- Brought down our cost of manual labour, thus providing better ABM solutions
- A “think automate first” mindset within the company
That’s what is top of my mind, am sure there’s more.
To be honest, he filled the gap in a digital marketing team. We have co-founder leadership in all key areas of digital marketing – content, marketing and technology! That is indeed a rare thing in agency business.